Medical Credentialing of physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers must be repeated multiple times during a career, including just prior to or following being hired into a new position. It requires a detailed review of the provider’s educational background, career history, residency, licenses, training and other specialty certifications. Medical Credentialing services follow standards established by The Joint Commission (TJC) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Medical Credentialing is time consuming and tedious. It is a labor intensive process which tends to make it more costly than it may initially appear. Each state has specific credentialing laws and regulations so it is critical to work with a medical credentialing company who understands the nuances of each state. Virtual Cred Possibilities will securely retain your paperwork on file to quickly process re-credentialing and new state credentialing requests.
There are many factors that must be verified as part of the medical credentialing process, including:
- Identity: NPI number, I-9 documentation, VISA or Employment Verification Card.
- Education and Training: domestic and foreign medical school, residency, clinical degrees and fellowship enrollment.
- Military Service experience if applicable
- Professional Licensure: Documentation by state
- DEA, DPS and/or CDS certificates by state
- Board Certifications including original, re-certification and expiration dates
- Detailed work history
- Criminal NPDB and sanctions disclosure
- Proof of malpractice insurance
- Professional references
Without help the help of professional medical credentialing services, the process may take months and require resubmission for missing documentation. Overworked administrative staff left to manage this process may inadvertently check the wrong box on an application and trigger additional documentation requirements or worse.
Your Virtual Cred Possibilities medical staff professional brings the experience of thousands of prior applications to quickly, efficiently and correctly gather your documentation and submit a complete file the first time.